There is a comprehensive schools programme, with new curriculum-linked resources available on School Zone, our dedicated website for teachers. The resources help pupils to explore what is in their food and how to make healthier food and drink swaps using the NHS Food Scanner App. Teachers can now download these resources to use in the classroom and include:
- A take-home leaflet that encourages families to download and use the NHS Food Scanner App
- Curriculum-linked Activities toolkits for KS1 and KS2, with a range of activities to help children explore what's in their food and drink and to make healthier swaps
- Interactive assembly with a fun NHS Food Scanner App demo
- Swaps leaderboard to help track class swaps and compete against each other to win the most swaps
- Sharing with families toolkit to enable schools to spread the word about the NHS Food Scanner App with parents
We have provided partners with an accessible, ready to use email to promote these resources to teachers. Please download this and send to teachers and head teachers through your schools networks.